What information are you collecting and how are you collecting it?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers called an “IP address.” When a visitor requests a page from the Lodge website, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate. We also use “cookies” to track individual usage patterns on the Lodge website. Our web servers do NOT record e-mail addresses of our visitors.
What are cookies?
Will you disclose the information you collect to outside third parties?
The Lodge will disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on the Lodge website or the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks,
2. Protect and defend the rights or property of the Lodge website or the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, or the visitors of the Lodge website,
3. Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties,
4. Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
The Lodge uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties which receive the information.
Your Consent To This Agreement
By using our website, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the the B.P.O. Elks of the USA, Inc. and B.P.O.E. Lodge # 1774 from any claim, demand or expense arising out of your use of the website except for occurrences caused by the sole negligence of the Lodge.
Elks Online Guidelines
The Lodge website is best experienced when members observe a few simple rules. Here are some key guidelines that apply to this website.
1. The Lodge website is a service of the B.P.O.E. Lodge #1774., and as such is governed by the Statutes of the Order. Please observe all applicable statutes as you participate in our online services.
2. The opinions expressed in our posts are those of the individual authors, and do NOT necessarily represent the official opinion of the Lodge, Grand Lodge, or any of the Order’s Committees, or subordinate lodges.
3. The Lodge website is provided by the B.P.O.E. Lodge #1774, as a service to the Members of the Order, but since Internet access is not yet universal, our online services should NOT be seen as the Order’s official means of communication with its membership. If you have a problem or concern of an official nature, please contact the Lodge Secretary.