In order to keep our members better informed of what is going on in the Lodge, please find below the minutes of the House Committee meeting on July 28th. Although we have 13 members on the Committee, you are welcome to attend the next meeting. We can always use more help, such as cooks, serves, greeters, selling 50/50 tickets etc. You will be advised when we have the next meeting. Hope you find these minutes interesting and helpful.
Acting House Committee Chairman
Les Owen, Acting House Committee Chairman opened the meeting at 6:35 pm.
Les asked the question: How do we get more members to attend our events and volunteer? In other words, more participation. Some of the suggestions were as follows:
1. Give more advanced notice of our events. List all events and menus for at least one month.
2. Send out a mailer to the 187 members who do not have an e-mail address. The Board is working on this.
3. Review our pricing, particularly our liquor prices. Dennis Ryan requested we get the liquor banquet pricing from the Lodge Treasurer before discussing this matter.
4. Jack Houlihan suggested we send out an e-mail to the members asking them to give their opinion on what they feel we should do to increase membership participation. It was agreed we would do this. Les and Jim Wilson will work on the mail content.
5. At each of our events we should consider having questionnaires on the tables which would cover the same information requested in the e-mail.
COOKS: We need more cooks. Right now it is agreed we have 8 cooks. They are;
Ray Foley, Al Glatz (for Bingo), Vic Marsiglia, Al Klager, Peter Budelli, Jack Houlihan, Rose Tufano, and Les Owen.
For Friday nights it was agreed that Al Klager will cook the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month, Vic would cook the 2nd Friday of each month and Peter would cook the 4th Friday of each month. This program will start in September when Al returns from vacation.
Les then asked what we need to do to get young people into the Lodge?
It was suggested we consider doing a dinner once a month for kids offering hot dogs, mac & cheese. This is still up for discussion.
Les stated we need 13 people to sign up to be on the House Committee. He got his 13 names and the Committee is now set up. The names will be announced in the next Elk’s Tale, if not before.
Les stated that we need to review everything to see how we can increase the participation of the members.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm